Animal Clinic of Milford: We Treat Your Pet Like the Valued Family Member They Are
Dr. Sasha Golovyan
1. What inspired you to become a veterinarian? As long as my parents can remember I had wanted to be a veterinarian. There was never a different career path I was willing to pursue. I was born in Kiev, Ukraine and we moved here in 1990 when I was 9 years old. My parents had to endure the countless abandoned animals I had brought home to rehabilitate, and some to keep.
2. Do you have any brothers and sisters? I have a twin brother and an older sister.
3. What is the most exotic Animal you have treated? A chameleon, not to be out done by a pigeon, chicken, or a recent seagull that was brought in.
4. Where did you earn your Bachelors? I graduated from University of Connecticut in 2003.
5. Where did you earn your Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine? Tom and I graduated from University of Minnesota in 2008. I guess you could say we were veterinary school sweethearts.
6. What did you do before you ended up at Animal Clinic of Milford? After veterinary school I completed an intensive rotating medicine and surgical internship at VCA Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center in Norwalk and Shoreline in Shelton CT. After this I worked for 6 years at a referral hospital, where I did general practice and emergency medicine.
7. What do you love the most about veterinary medicine? I know the close bond that owners share with their pets. I find it very rewarding to help animals and in turn see the happiness these animals bring to their families.
8. What kind of animals do you own? Our inside animals include an English Setter “Beem, Yellow Labrador “Brinkley”, Chihuahua named Monty, our cat Finn, and 2 hamsters. Our outdoor critters include a menagerie of chickens, 2 miniature horses, a rabbit, and 2 Nigerian Dwarf goats.
9. What do you do for fun? For fun I love just being with my family. We have 2 girls, Julia and Annabel who keep us very busy. On weekends you may find us at Cape cod, petting zoos, home with our animals, or doing outdoor activities like biking.
Dr. Thomas Maley
1. What inspired you to become a Veterinarian? Being a veterinarian is actually a second career for me. Prior to entering veterinary school I was a real estate agent and I taught technology education to high school children. So how did I chose the veterinary field…..I knew I wanted to be a veterinarian since I was a small child and watched my dad raise and show Springer Spaniels, but like many children I did not pursue my dream. After being in a different career I knew that it was not for me, and at the age of 36 I applied and got into veterinary school. I met my wife Sasha during our first year of veterinary school together.
2. What is the most exotic animal you have treated? A leopard gecko
3. Where did you earn your Bachelor’s degree? University of Wisconsin-Stout
4. Where did you go to veterinary school? I graduated University of Minnesota in 2008
5. Where did you grow up and what kind of animals did you have growing up? I was born and raised in Minneapolis Minnesota. We had all kinds of animals growing up including springer spaniels, rabbits, cats, and ducks.
6. What brought you to CT? My wife Sasha is from Orange CT, I guess you could say I moved here for love.
7. What did you do before you ended up at Animal Clinic of Milford? I worked at multiple different hospitals including Banfield in Norwalk, VCA in Danbury, and East Hartford VCA.
8. What do you do for fun? I enjoy all kinds of outdoor activities including fishing, boating, and sailing.
9. What do you love the most about veterinary medicine? I love being able to help sick pets as well as prevent illness and practice good wellness care. I love seeing the happiness pets bring to their owners.
Laura, Office Manager
1. When did you join Animal Clinic of Milford? I joined the Animal Clinic of Milford in June 2019
2. What is your primary role at Animal Clinic of Milford? Practice manager which means helping Dr. Maley, Dr. Golovyan the staff, the clients in any area they need the help.
3. What do you love the most about working at Animal Clinic of Milford? That they are a family owned business. Family owned businesses care for the clients, patients and the staff in ways that different types of ownership cannot.
4. What kind of pets do you own? A great Pyrenees mix named Piper, an orange cat named Kurt and a little gray tabby that has a few toes missing named Digit. All are rescues and that I adore.
5. If your pets could say one thing about you what would they say? Each would probably want time alone with me without the other two!! I think they would also want me to stop dressing them up for holidays!!
6. What is your favorite animal? A whale. I have been going on whale watches for the last 20 years on both coasts of the US. Each whale watch is as exciting as the first.
7. Best childhood memory of my pets… growing up we had three dogs. Only on garbage day they would let themselves out the front door. They would knock over as many garbage cans as they could, before the local policeman would pick them up and bring them home in the back of the police car. They liked him and obliged! This happened more than once!
1. How long have your worked in the veterinary field? I’ve been working in the veterinary field for about 4 years.
2. What is your primary role at Animal Clinic of Milford? I am a Receptionist at the Animal Clinic of Milford.
3. What kind of pets do you own? I have cats, a rabbit, chickens, and fish.
4. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time? I love to garden, cook, crochet/knit, play video games and find a quiet spot to read.
5. What do you love the most about working at Animal Clinic of Milford? I love working around animals and how the staff is very warm and welcoming to everyone.
6. If your pets could say one thing about you what would it be? “ You would make a better pillow if you quit moving all the time. “
1. When did you first become interested in veterinary medicine? I became a certified veterinary technician in 1981 while working at an emergency veterinary hospital in Long Island. I then moved to Connecticut in 1981 and went into banking.
2. What brought you back to the veterinary field? I missed working with animals and their owners.
3. When did you join Animal Clinic of Milford? I have been at Animal Clinic of Milford since 2009.
4. What is your primary roll at Animal Clinic of Milford? I am the head receptionist and client service representative here at the clinic.
5. What do you love the most about working at Animal Clinic of Milford? I love helping people and their beloved pets.
6. What kind of pets to you own? Our fur family consists of Monty a Sheltie, 2 Chihuahuas, and 3 cats that are all rescues.
7. If your pets could say one thing about you what would it be? Thank you for saving me
1. When did you join Animal Clinic of Milford? I moved to Milford CT from Romania in 2006, and have been working at Animal Clinic of Milford since!
2. What is your primary role at Animal Clinic of Milford? I was trained by Dr. Tosici to be a veterinary assistant. Since then I have become proficient at animal handling and restraint, and assisting the doctor in all aspects of veterinary medicine including pet dental care and surgery.
3. What kind of pets do you own? I adopted a cat that was left at Dr.Tosici’s front door. Mr. Black and I have been inseparable ever since. Well I think he thinks I live with him, not the other way around, he is certainly the boss.
4. What is your favorite Animal? I really love them all
1. How long have you been in the veterinary industry? I have been a veterinary technician since 2007
2. Do you have any pets? 4 cats (Zapp, Shinigami, Takkun, Leela) and 2 Australian Shepherds (Neo and Homer).
3. Besides than cats and dogs, what other animals have you treated? Birds, reptiles and pocket pets. Some of the most exciting animals I’ve had the pleasure of treating have been hawks, owls and bald eagles.
4. If you weren’t in the veterinary field, what would you be doing? I originally went to school for criminal justice. I would probably do something involving forensics.
5. Do you have any siblings? 2 brothers. Eric (older) and Zach (younger).
6. What do you enjoy doing in your free time? I love music so I try and support local bands as much as I can. I have several friends who are in bands. I have met many wonderful and interesting people through music.
7. What is your favorite part about your job as a veterinary technician? I love being able to help give love and the best care to the patents. I love helping clients learn about the best care for their furry family members. Making the client and their pets feel comfortable and safe is my goal.
8. What is your favorite thing about working at The Animal Clinic of Milford? I love the closeness of the staff and the relationships with our clients. We are a family
9. What is your role at Animal Clinic of Milford? I am an assistant manager and still perform technician duties. I also help run our social media pages.
1. How long have you been in the veterinary industry? Started working in vet medicine since 2013
2. Do you own any pets? Yes I have two cats, Lola and Cosmo
3. What is your favorite to do in your spare time? I love going to the beach and just about any outdoor activity. I love being with my boyfriend and my good friends.
4. What is your primary role at Animal Clinic of Milford? I am a veterinary technician at Animal Clinic of Milford.
5. Where did you go to school? I went to Norwalk Community College for my Veterinary Assistant certificate. I am currently enrolled at Penn Foster College for my veterinary technician degree
6. Do you have any siblings? Yes one older brother.
7. Where did you grow up? I grew up here in Milford CT.
8. What kind of animals did you have growing up? I had a German Shepherd named Tessa, a Doberman Pincher named Barron, and 4 cats-Casey, Ziggy, Mittens, and Peepers.
1. What is your primary role at Animal Clinic of Milford? I am a client service representative here at Animal Clinic of Milford.
2. How long have your worked in the veterinary field? I’ve been working in the veterinary industry for about 6 years now.
3. What kind of pets do you own? I have a dog (Francesca), a cat (Pumpkin) and an orange betta fish (Michelangelo)- my son named him.
4. If your pets could say one thing about you what would it be? “We love you but enough is enough with these little holiday sweaters”
5. What do you like best about working at Animal Clinic of Milford? I love how friendly and helpful our entire staff is with both our clients and with each other.
6. What is your favorite part about working with animals? My favorite part about working with animals would have to be seeing pets who were brought in sick or injured coming back to the clinic happy and feeling better, it warms you right up inside. Oh and of course puppies and kittens are a close second.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time? In my spare time I enjoy playing, learning and exploring with my son Jaxson. I love spending time with friends and family.
8. What is your favorite animal? I love all animals! They all have their own personalities and awesome qualities, it’s impossible to choose.
1. What is your position at Animal Clinic of Milford? I am a receptionist at Animal Clinic of Milford.
2. When did you start working in the veterinary field? I have been working in the veterinary field since 2017, though I started working with animals at a very young age.
3. What pets do you have? I have two dogs ( Tucker and Maisy) and one bunny (Theodore).
4. If your pets can talk to you what do you think they would say? Theo would definitely yell for more treats and I think my dogs would say thank you for rescuing us.
5. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? In my spare time, I love enjoying quality time with my friends and family but mostly I love a relaxing day cuddling my dogs.
6. What is your favorite part about working at Animal Clinic of Milford? My favorite part about working here is being able to be there for our amazing clients and their pets while working in a welcoming environment.
7. What animals do you love to work with? I love all animals but Wildlife does hold a special place in my heart.